March 23, 2018 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 18V188000
An inflator explosion may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 18V188
Manufacturer Ferrari North America, Inc.
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,870
Ferrari North America, Inc. (Ferrari) is recalling certain 2009-2011 Ferrari California, and 2010-2011 Ferrari 458 Italia vehicles that have not had their passenger frontal air bag replaced. These passenger frontal air bag modules have air bag inflators that may explode in the event of a crash due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
Ferrari will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag assembly with one that uses an alternate inflator, free of charge. Owners may contact Ferrari customer service at 1-201-816-2668. Ferrari’s number for this recall is 60A. Note: This recall supersedes recall 16V-341.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Ferrari North America, Inc.
Takata Passenger Airbag Module (ZBC)
URGENT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle (VIN: ZFFXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).
RC 60 / NHTSA 16V-341
Dear [Mr. John Doe],
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Ferrari has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Model Year 2009-2011 California and Model Year 2010-2011 458 Italia vehicles equipped with a passenger-side front airbag manufactured and supplied by Takata Corporation. We want to assure you that your safety is our priority, and we are committed to correcting this condition in your vehicle.
Takata has reported that the passenger side front airbag could potentially rupture in vehicles involved in an incident in which the frontal airbags deploy. This risk is due to propellant degradation which may occur after long-term exposure to high temperatures, high absolute humidity and high temperature cycling causing the inflator to rupture in deployment. Metal fragments may pass through the airbag striking vehicle occupants, leading to serious injury or death.
Our records show that you are the owner of a vehicle affected by this recall.
IMPORTANT – CONTACT YOUR DEALER TODAY
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the impacted vehicle manufacturers, including Ferrari, are prioritizing Takata airbag repairs to ensure that vehicles with airbags that pose a higher risk to safety are fixed first while simultaneously working to ensure that parts are available to repair every affected vehicle as quickly as possible. Based on NHTSA’s criteria, your vehicle has been selected for this recall.
Final replacement airbags are now available in your area. Please make an appointment with your nearest dealer to have the FREE repair performed on your vehicle.
Ferrari will repair your vehicle free of charge. The repair involves replacing the Passenger Frontal Airbag Module. Please contact your Ferrari dealer at that time and make an appointment to have this repair performed. The time needed for this repair is estimated to be between 2 and 5 hours depending on the model; however, your dealer may need to keep your vehicle for a longer period of time. Please be prepared to leave your vehicle with your dealer for at least a full day.
Please also note that only the passenger frontal airbag is affected by this recall. The driver’s frontal airbag is unaffected.
If you have any questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact Ferrari North America, Inc. at +1(201) 816-2668 or NHTSA at +1(888) 327-4326.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Technical Department Ferrari North America, Inc.
PLEASE NOTE: Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee by First Class Mail within ten business days.
5 Affected Products
12 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
ISSUED Renotification Notice
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) – Zone A
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-2
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2018-4
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-1
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-1
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
ISSUED Renotification Notice – Email notification – Subject: URGENT: Takata Airbag Recall
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2018-3
- MADE IN THE USA by a small family business that specializes in the best leather cleaner and conditioner on the market. Millions of happy customers.
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA means great value each four-ounce bottle makes up to 32 ounces of leather cleaner when diluted with water.
- QUICKLY AND GENTLY CLEANS all types of leather and vinyl, removing dirt, oil, tough stains and grime. Non-toxic leather cleaner is perfect for every leather product, including saddles and tack, automotive interiors, furniture, handbags, shoes and jackets. Not for use on suede.
- UNLIMITED 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If you're not happy with any of our products, simply return them for a full refund of your purchase price!
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED to work with Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the #1 best-selling leather care product on Amazon.
- Simple & Non-Toxic - Condition & protect in one simple step to maintain any finished leather surface
- Use On - Use regularly on accessories such as leather, purses, shoes, boots, briefcases & handbags
- Protect - UVX - Sunscreen protects all types of leather from sun damage, fading, drying & cracking
- Restore - Safely removes dirt, soil & residue to soften, strengthen & moisturize neglected leather
- Recommended - Finished leather surfaces including car interior shoes boots briefcases handbags & coats
- Weiman Products, LLC
- Health and Beauty
- CLEANS, CONDITIONS, NOURISHES - Cleans leather surfaces while applying conditioner and nourishment
- PROTECTS SURFACE - A clear protective coating saves the material from usual wear and tear, as well as harmful UV rays that cause damage to the surface.
- VERSATILE - These household wipes can be used on any leather surface, including: Shoes, furniture, apparel, purses/bags, and car interiors.
- SAFE - This non-toxic, phosphate free formula removes smudges, dirt, and other remaining impurities safely and effectively.
- FRESH SCENT - Leave your surfaces clean and smelling light and fresh.
- SIMPLE - Easy solution to clean, condition, and protect leather in a single application.
- ENHANCED APPEARANCE - This combination product will clean dirty leather as well as restore color to faded pieces of furniture or well used handbags.
- PROLONGED USE - neglected leather breaks down more quickly, fading and even cracking. By nourishing the surface and protecting it from UV rays you'll ensure your leather stays in the best possible shape.
- USA MADE VALUE - Manufactured in Florida with a value-sized bottle and complimentary applicator pad to ensure you can use it as soon as you open your package.
- A TRUSTED BRAND - TriNova has established itself as a leader in leather care, meaning you can purchase with confidence.
- Enjoy supple, beautiful leather - restores and protects leather from wear, weather, and sunlight / UV rays
- Gentle, pH-balanced and non-toxic - conditions deeply, leaving only a light shine and natural leather scent with no residues
- Dries within one hour - quick and convenient for regular use
- Safe and effective - works on treated, untreated, exotic, reptile, and bonded leathers (not made for suede or nubuck)
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed - 90-day no-hassle returns from Leather Rescue in case you change your mind
- CPR CLEANING PRODUCTS
- Simple & Non Toxic - Condition and protect in one simple step to maintain any finished leather surface
- Use on - Use regularly on accessories such as leather, purses, shoes, boots, briefcases & handbags.
- Protect - UVX - Sunscreen protects all types of leather from sun damage, fading, drying & cracking.
- Restore - Safely removes dirt soil and residue to soften strengthen and moisturize neglected leather
- Recommended - finished leather surfaces including car interior shoes boots briefcases handbags & coats
- Quickly & easily restores the color to all absorbent leathers
- Ideal for restoring the color to faded and worn leather
- 21 colors formulated for use on leather from a dark to light shade
- Great for re-coloring areas that have been exposed to sun light or direct heat
- Suitable for use on furniture, car interiors, clothes, shoes, handbags and any other item made from absorbent leather.
Last update on 2019-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API